Sunday 24 April 2011

How About a New Information Literacy Skills Model?

Who would have believed how many Information Literacy Skills Models exist? The choices are overwhelming!  Should I use "The Seven Pillars" or the "The 8 W's" or "The Big 6" or perhaps the "Super 3"? Then, I could also look at the four step PLUS Model or the ten step Stripling and Pitts Research Process Model, or if none of those suit there is still a plethora of others from which I could choose.  But why stop there when I could invent my own, based on my own name?  HERE IT IS:
C - Choose your topic
H - Hunt down your information
A - Arrange the information to suit your purpose
R - Round up the information and write a report
M - Mark your work honestly (or give it to the teacher to bring down the verdict).

I somehow doubt that the CHARM Method will bring me any recognition, but it was fun to write.  Guess I'd better get serious and investigate the methods that actually have some credence.

No comments:

Post a Comment